We respect the privacy of every person who visits or interacts with our website and utilises the services that we provide. We are committed to ensuring transparency in terms of how we process personal data within our business.
This policy applies to Nice and Serious Limited, registered company number 06729231, data protection registration ZA740080.
We’ll revise this policy from time to time, and we’ll let you know if we make any material changes. We last updated this policy in March 2020.
How you can make changes
If at any point, you want to change your details or how we contact you, just let us know. You can do that easily by emailing email@example.com
What personal information do we collect about you?
Most of the information we collect will be provided by you. This information might include contact details such as your name, address, email address, phone numbers, organisation name and job title. You might also provide information to help us answer a query, or market our services to you.
We may collect additional information about you from public sources, for example from publicly available social media profiles, such as career history, specialisms and interests.
We may collect metadata information, which identifies your computer and tracks your visits and use of our website. We will use Google Analytics to collect this type of information, so we can assess and improve our website experience. This information is processed in a way that doesn’t identify individuals.
We may also collect information from our email service provider including whether you opened our email and what links you may have clicked on.
Cookies and our website
- Marketing & Targeting cookies – we may use authorised first or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness of the advertisements and content that have been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you want to delete any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
What do we use your personal information for?
We will use your data to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested. Most of our communication will be by email. We may use your personal information to:
- Respond to enquiries about our services
- Send you updates, newsletters, and sales and marketing
- Invite you to events
- Invite you to participate in research
- Improve our website experience
- Keep our website secure
- Comply with any legal process or proceedings
We do not profile your data or allow any third-party marketing to you. We do not share your data, other than with subcontractors, such as our email broadcast service provider, who abide by strict contractual terms.
Access to your information is restricted to designated employees of Nice and Serious.
What legal basis do we rely on to hold and process your data?
We rely on the following legitimate interests under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- To identify and contact potential and current clients in relevant job roles to receive information and marketing about our events, products and services.
- To communicate to potential and current clients by email, where we have consent to do so, by phone and post.
- To administer the pre-contract and contractual relationship between us and our suppliers, contractors or employees in connection with the performance of a contract.
How might you hear from us?
Some ways we may use your information:
- To send sector and Nice and Serious news by email
- To email you invites to our events
- To email an invitation to participate in research
- To post a Christmas card or invitation to a Christmas party
- To call you to arrange a meeting
How long do we keep your information for?
We may keep your information for financial purposes for up to six years. We will keep your information for marketing purposes only as long as we can continue to verify that it is up to date and still relevant for our purposes.
We may keep your information to comply with legal obligations.
You can let us know at any time if you would like to opt-out of receiving any or all communication from us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may retain your information on a suppression file if you request to receive no future communication.
Information you provide as part of an enquiry or application process will only be used for progressing your application, or to fulfil any legal or regulatory requirements.
Your personal information will be held securely on our servers and if you are unsuccessful, will be deleted 12 months after the process is complete. If you are successful in your job application, we will retain your information in line with our staff employment data protection policy.
Your contact details will be used to progress your application. We will use other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for. You don’t have to provide the information we ask for, but it might affect your application if you don’t.
You have several rights under data protection legislation. You can find out more about your rights, or make a complaint, via the Information Commissioner’s Office.