Motion Graphics Designer
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the hunt for a new Motion Graphics Designer to join our growing team. We need someone who’s not only serious about keyframes but also wants to make the world nicer.
About Nice and Serious
At Nice and Serious, we believe in making creative work the world needs. We have our feet firmly on the ground and know the world doesn’t need more of the same. It needs us to draw a line in the sand, and back the people fixing things. It needs us to change minds, and make people demand better.
Our team of 20 people is a mix of filmmakers, strategists, art directors, coders, designers, copywriters, animators and client services. Over the last 10 years we’ve had the pleasure of working with some of the most innovative, purpose-led brands including Macmillan, Parkrun, innocent, YMCA, Dogs Trust, Unilever, Ben & Jerry’s, The Co-op and WWF. We’ve recently achieved B-Corp Certification and you can find out more about what that means here. We have a flexible working style to meet each team member's individual needs, with a mix of remote and onsite working in our Whitechapel office.
- You’ll demonstrate a range of visual directions through style frame design.
- You’ll turn a written script into a visual narrative through storyboarding.
- You’ll create full design boards based on visual direction / storyboards.
- You’ll produce beautiful animation, primarily in Adobe After Effects.
- You’ll provide VFX for film projects.
- You’ll provide reasoning, written and verbal, to describe your design / concept choices.
- You’ll work with the team to produce the best possible work under the nicest conditions.
- You’ll be a passionate contributor in brainstorms.
- You’ll engage in the company's mission and help further it.
- You’ll have 5+ years experience working in motion graphics / animation
- You’ll be highly proficient in After Effects
- You’ll be highly proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- You’ll thrive when working in a team
- Cel animation and 3D are a big bonus
The Nice Stuff
We’re all about making Nice and Serious a seriously nice place to be. Here are a few things we do:
- Flexible working hours and policy
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policy
- Bonus Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days per year (plus three additional days off over the Xmas period)
- Annual Weekend Away (usually in the summer)
- Passion project time through Nice Works, our internal passion project initiative
- Headspace Subscription
- £100 per annum towards eyecare
- Annual personal training budget
The Serious Stuff
Nice and Serious is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We’re also proactively committed to protecting the mental, as well as physical, health, safety and well-being and that of all those who work for us.
Please send us a little bit about yourself plus your CV and showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications between the 14th September - 14th October please make yourself a cuppa and bear with us during that time.