Mid Weight Creative Strategist - LDN
At Nice and Serious, we believe in making creative work the world needs. We have our feet firmly on the ground and know the world doesn’t need more of the same. It needs us to draw a line in the sand, and back the people fixing things. It needs us to change minds, and make people demand better.
Our team of 20 people is a mix of filmmakers, strategists, art directors, coders, designers, copywriters, animators and client service. Over the last 10 years we’ve had the pleasure of working with some of the most innovative, purpose-led brands including Macmillan, Parkrun, innocent, YMCA, Dogs Trust, Unilever, Ben & Jerry’s, The Co-op and WWF. We’ve recently achieved B-Corp Certification and you can find out more about what that means here. We’re currently working remotely full-time with the aim to balance this out with flexible co-working space hubs over the coming months.
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the hunt for a new mid-weight Creative Strategist to join our team. Our dream candidate would have a highly strategic mindset, be able to develop research-driven ideas and be a strong copywriter. They will work in close partnership with our Creative Department on a range of projects, so they will need to be good at spinning plates.
The day to day
- You’ll find insights for campaigns and brand strategy work and use them to form clear strategies we can sell into the client
- You’ll understand audiences and research what they want, where they live and what media they engage with.
- You'll develop brand strategies, help brand or rebrand clients and come up with communication plans
- You’ll provide the thinking and reasoning for the creative directions we take and champion this reasoning
- You’ll plan and help facilitate workshops
- You’ll be comfortable with different research approaches such as stakeholder workshops, surveys, focus groups and interviews
- You’ll plan across channels and identify key messages for communication strategy work
- You’ll be analysing new trends and figuring out ways brands and charities can connect with people
- You'll be responsible for setting up frameworks to measure campaign effectiveness and impact
- You’ll collaborate with the team to come up with amazing research-led creative ideas and help develop them into full-blown concepts
- You’ll take part in pitches to present our ideas and strategy
- You’ll create campaign copy, master our client’s tone of voice or establish one when needed
- You’ll help fine-tune and write up new business proposals and pitch decks
- You’ll be passionate and in alignment with our mission to make creative work the world needs
- You’ll have 3-5 years experience working as a Creative Strategist
- You’ll be able to leave your ego at the door and thrive when working in a team
- You’ll be keen to hone your craft and will proactively seek personal development opportunities
The Nice Stuff
We’re all about making Nice and Serious a seriously nice place to be. Here are a few things we do:
- Flexible working hours and policy
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policy
- Bonus Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days per year (plus three additional days off over the Xmas period)
- Annual Weekend Away (usually in the summer)
- Passion project time through Nice Works, our internal passion project initiative
- Headspace Subscription
- £100 per annum towards eyecare
- Annual personal training budget
The Serious Stuff
Nice and Serious is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We also are proactively committed to protecting the mental, as well as physical, health, safety and well-being and that of all those who work for us.
Please send your CV and a cover email to email@example.com