At Nice and Serious we make nice things about serious issues, to make the world a little bit nicer.
We’re on the hunt for a new mid-weight Front-End Developer to join our growing team in mid-January 2019. Someone who’s serious about front-end technologies but also has a keen eye for nice design and really cares about how the things they make end up looking on screen.
Over the last 10 years we’ve been through an evolution; from a straight-up ethically-driven production company, through to a creative studio, and now to an integrated creative agency. Our digital team builds campaign sites for charities, produces top-notch creative content for media outlets, develops ethical e-commerce stores and sometimes gets stuck into some pretty serious (and not-so-serious) data visualisation.
We like to challenge ourselves, so we’re looking for someone who’s really open to testing out new technologies when the opportunity presents itself.
The stuff we’re expecting:
- You can write semantic, accessible HTML and modular, scalable CSS
- You’ve got experience building performant, responsive layouts with silky smooth user interactions
- You can assess the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and are comfortable quoting development time for prospective work
- You’ve got experience writing templates for CMS tools such as Craft and Wordpress
- You can use Git to manage code and have worked with tools such as Webpack and Babel
- You’re comfortable mentoring and supporting the more junior members of the front-end team
- You’re up for helping adapt and evolve our in-house development standards and processes
- You’ll be confident presenting to our clients and the wider company
- You’re excited to research, evaluate and share new technologies, methods and techniques
The stuff we’d love to see:
- You know your way around Sketch, Illustrator and Photoshop
- You’re comfortable with SVGs and have maybe tinkered with chart libraries such as D3
- Server-side stuff doesn’t scare you and you even know some basic PHP or Node
The nice stuff
We’re all about making Nice and Serious a seriously nice place to be. Here are a few things we do:
- Flexible working hours
- Private healthcare
- Holiday allowance of 25 days per year (plus three additional days off over the Xmas period)
- Annual Weekend Away (usually in the summer)
- Passion project time through Nice Works, our internal project initiative
- Friday Drinks
- Headspace Subscription
- £100 per annum towards eyecare
- The finest selection of tea, coffee, breakfast stuff and fresh fruit
The serious stuff
To apply, please send your CV and a bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org